Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Baby, Do I Love Those Cakes

Even though I live in the land of perfection, I have a hard time poo pooing things that will make me imperfect. In other words, I love junkfood. I love salty snacks, and I love sweets. I love to gorge myself, and I love to eat. However being a vegan living in any other town, there are times you have to watch what you eat. In LA, you don't have to be so stringent. 

For example, if you want a vegan sweet, there is Babycakes NYC.



Babycakes NYC is the essential hippy bakery that offers, "all-natural, organic and delicious alternatives free from the common allergens: wheat, gluten, dairy, casein and eggs" (baby). So here you're giving a fantastic lie to tell yourself that the 18th donut is ok because you're eating healthy things. 

Before coming here I was quite hesitant because generally foods that deviate from the original way of cooking tend to taste slightly off. However this problem is DEFINITELY not the case at Babycakes NYC. The food here is addicting, and generally you will come back here and buy more, despite it being a sweet shop. 

The cookie sandwich is my personal favorite because it allows you to lap up frosting without being considered sad and pathetic. You don't have to feel like the 600 pound woman/man because it's made from heathy things. You also have the option to order breakfast foods as well.  

Babycakes NYC is probably one of the best vegan bakeries that I ever ate at. If you want to be devious, or if you simply want a good snack, come here.  


Come visit it!

236 North Larchmont Blvd.,
Los Angeles, CA 90004

No comments:

Post a Comment