Friday, June 6, 2014

My day trip to Venice

A couple of weekends ago I managed to go to Venice. Venice is a whole different world compared to East LA, so I'll just write about my basic observations.

Venice is beautiful. It is a city filled with the history of the silent movie era. It was the home of Marion Davies, Thelma Todd, and others. It is the city of canals and it sits right next to the beach. It offers art, beautiful sites, and the innovative Abbott Kinney is a clean hipster haven.

Compared to the east side, Venice shows off its wealth but denies even having it. Venice is like a rich rapper trying to claim he's from Compton, it just isn't the case. Venice is good to visit, but sometimes it can also be annoying.

I got to go see the Venice canals and eat at a restaurant called Gjelina.




I went to the Gjelina take away right after seeing the canals. I had the veggie sandwich and I asked them to make it vegan. Generally food in Abbott Kinney is quite easy to make vegan so there wasn't any problems with that request. 

The veggie sandwich was good. It wasn't AMAZING, but it was good. Using a massive variety of pickled vegetables, the sandwich becomes a standard vegetable sandwich. It wasn't awful and it did the job of filling me up. 

I only wish I was amazed.   





Venice is always a good place to visit. It is a combination of rich hipster and new age ideas that put it on the top of the map. If you have a day to spare, share it with Venice.

No comments:

Post a Comment