Thursday, June 26, 2014

Nightmares on Wax at the Fonda Theater

On June 22nd, I got to see Nightmares on Wax at the Fonda Theater!

I generally don't know anything about that sort of music. However a lot of my friends were fans of them, and my dad is a MASSIVE fan. So when I accidentally found that they were playing at the Fonda Theater, Dad said we HAD to go. 

For those that didn't know the history about the Fonda theater (I know I sure didn't) here is some information. The Fonda opened up in October 18 1926, and it originally called The Music Box. It's investors were some of the early greats, John BarrymoreJohn GilbertReginald DennyKing Vidor, and Mae Murray.

It was originally a preforming play theater where hits like Fancy, Chicago, Glengarry Glenn Ross, and Driving Miss Daisy were preformed. 

In 1945 Fox West Coast purchased the building and gave it a spanish decor changing the stage theater into a movie theater. The Fonda played movies for 32 years. 

In 1985 the Music Box became the Fonda theater after actor Henry Fonda.

In 2012 the building was bought and changed into a music venue. Originally in 2002 the theater was briefly called the Music Box but then switched back into the Fonda Theater. 



Now my review on Nightmares on Wax.

Like I wrote before, I am not usually a fan of this type of music. I don't really get it, and it tends to bore me a bit. HOWEVER, this band really gives it their all. I have only seen one other band really try that hard and it was Ego-Wrappin' in Japan.

These boys have heart, and they play for themselves and not for the money. Well, the money is nice, but you can tell they are mostly there for the art. 

Watching them made me happy. It made me try to like their music. Truth be told their style is not my style, but their dedication is. They worked quite hard to do a good show, and if I liked their music, I would put them in my top three favorite concerts. They preform well, but I wasn't quite with them yet.

I enjoyed the show though, and I loved being in the Fonda theater.




No comments:

Post a Comment